Presenting the first ever record of Finnish Jaw Harp music, highlighting the Jaw Harp not merely as an exotic accompaniment but as a lead, rather solo instrument.
The history of Jaw Harp music in Finland remains very much a mystery; recordings or notations of traditional Jaw Harp music don't even exist!
Featured here are traditional Finnish fiddle tunes adapted for the Jaw Harp, traditional Norwegian Jaw Harp tunes and original compositions by the artist himself.
Tapani Varis (born 1968) is well known as a bassist and wind instrumentalist in Finland's thriving folk music scene, having played and recorded with numerous ensembles for over a decade. His interest in Jaw Harp has come to life in this, first solo album.
- Gammal Bröllopspolska (The Old Wedding Polska)
- Munniharppuuna (The Original Harpoon)
- Metsäpelto D
- Takiax G in a
- Maanitus (Persuasion)
- Palkintopolska (The Prize Polska)
- Tantsum Pääle (After the Dance)
- Jesus Din Søde Förening (Jesus Thou Sweet Companion)
- Omsk-Avoin Kaupunki (Omsk-La Citta Aperta)